Forum

Adcock Park Upgrade

Notifications
Clear all

Adcock Park Upgrade

Jeff Morris
(@jeff)
Topic starter  

Does anyone know about the Adcock Park upgrade. Are the plans available anywhere online. From the pictures I have seen on the news, I will need an uber to get from the carpark to the velodrome.

Mark Tatarinoff
(@marktat)
Member Moderator

From the plans shown to CCCC representatives (Brendan, Gary and myself) the walk is ridiculous, possibly 200m. We were not given a copy of those propose plans.

We wrote a comprehensive response outlining how unhappy we were with the proposed changes to the parking and therefore access to the velodrome but Central Coast Council staff have not responded to that letter.

Very little in the way of information available (that I've found).

If you want to get annoyed watch this local news clip:  https://www.nbnnews.com.au/2019/02/02/26m-in-adcock-park-upgrades-on-the-way/

ReplyQuote
Mark Tatarinoff
(@marktat)
Member Moderator

I found a very low res image of what is proposed. The carpark that we use will be made into touch/tag footy fields and parking is to the north of the existing fields. Some of that existing field area becomes the new car park. 

It looks like not a single issue that we raised has been addressed. Or you could say that every issue we raised has been ignored.

There's a Telegraph article that the image is from but it is behind a paywall and I'm not paying to read the telegraph:

Adcock Park upgrade: Council commit $25 million to project | News Local

If anyone can access that article and copy and paste the content here, that'd be good.

In the attached image, you can see the remnants of the road that we use to access the velodrome is still there but it is supposed to be for emergency access only.

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Mark Tatarinoff

ReplyQuote
Mark Tatarinoff
(@marktat)
Member Moderator

Here's an estimation of the path we will be required to take from the carpark to the velodrome entrance. 

ReplyQuote
Mark Tatarinoff
(@marktat)
Member Moderator

And a plan view

ReplyQuote
Richard Pettigrew
(@ricp)

Is it worth involving Cycling nsw and or Cycling Aus

ReplyQuote
Mark Tatarinoff
(@marktat)